[MPlayer-users] converting 25 fps to 24 fps

Nicolas George nicolas.george at normalesup.org
Sat May 16 09:31:58 CEST 2009

Le septidi 27 floréal, an CCXVII, Phil Rhodes a écrit :
> This hasn't commonly been the case since the early or mid 90s. It's all
> pitch-corrected now.

I recently had the occasion to compare the Japanese and French DVDs of
_Nausicaä_, and this matter of pitch correction was something I was curious
about. I plotted the spectrum of the opening (music, no dubbed dialogue),
and the pitch was visibly not corrected.

Since this DVD is close kin to whyohwhyohwhyoh's _Spirited Away_, I think
this is relevant information.

Regards,

--
  Nicolas George