[MPlayer-users] converting 25 fps to 24 fps

Phil Rhodes phil_rhodes at rocketmail.com
Fri May 15 21:02:32 CEST 2009

> i'm copying the streams from my UK PAL copy of Spirited Away on DVD and
> it's stored at one film frame per video frame - so the 24 fps film is
> stored (and played back) at 25 fps.

First off: there's very little point. The difference is imperceptible.

> i'd like to get it back to 24fps - very easy to do for the video but i'm
> stuck on the audio.

Lots of things will do it, but most of them are production tools (in fact,
the same production tools that were probably used to speed it up in the
first place). Sound Forge, Goldwave (which is free for a while), even Pro
Tools. Most of them would require it to be some reasonably sane format, like
a wave or AIF file.

It's really not worth the bother - and I make films for a living, so don't
think I'm being slapdash.