[MPlayer-users] crt v. lcd

Steven Miller stevenraymillerjr at gmail.com
Fri May 15 01:29:03 CEST 2009

Video that looks spectacular on my crt, most often looks terrible on my
laptop lcd (tons of macroblock artifacts). Would someone be willing to touch
on a few of the reasons for this? I've tried to answer it for myself, but
can't really put it all together. Another question I had concerns watching
the video at it native resolution vs. fullscreen. Fullscreen you see a lot
more artifacting and while I understand why this happens, I don't know how
(if it's possible) to encode, for watching fullscreen.

I'm guessing both questions hit upon some pretty wide subjects, I'm just
trying to find a starting point.

Thanks,
Steven