[MPlayer-users] vobs and broken time codes/reference clock

Mike Castle dalgoda+mplayer at gmail.com
Sun May 10 02:31:35 CEST 2009

On Sat, May 9, 2009 at 8:46 AM, Reimar Döffinger
<Reimar.Doeffinger at gmx.de> wrote:
> On Sat, May 09, 2009 at 08:35:12AM -0700, Mike Castle wrote:
>> Ultimately my goal is to put it into MKV.  So probably not much need
>> to use dvdauthor to put them back together into a vob.
>
> Tried using mkvmerge directly on the vob? Alternatively using
> -dumpvideo / -dumpaudio / -dumpsub several times and merge all
> the results together with mkvmerge?

Actually I just think I solved my problem.

I had been using mkvmerge directly on the vob (well, for the audio anyway).

However, it turns out that, on one of my debian machines, I had left
out the appropriate line in my /etc/apt/sources.list, and as a result,
I was running an ancient version of mkvmerge.

Since I fixed that and upgraded, I seem to be having fewer problems.
At least the example that I was using for this thread is working fine.

And some of my other problems are currently reprocessing from source.

mrc