[MPlayer-users] Configure script is not portable

The Wanderer inverseparadox at comcast.net
Sat May 2 00:12:55 CEST 2009

On 05/01/2009 02:46 PM, vext01 at gmail.com wrote:

> Now, I have installed all the GNU tools (gtail, gawk, gsed, ggrep)
> from blastwave. I am on a sparc, and the configure script does not
> seem to notice i am on a sparc, and eventually complains about some
> x64 assembler (will report this if I get the rest of the build
> working), so must use --target=solaris-sparc.
>
> Now libavcodec is unhappy:
> eval.c: In function `eval_expr':
> eval.c:158: error: incompatible types in initialization
> eval.c:182: error: incompatible types in return
> eval.c: In function `ff_eval2':
> eval.c:421: error: incompatible types in return
> gmake[1]: *** [eval.o] Error 1
> gmake[1]: Leaving directory
> `/export/home/edd/Desktop/mplayer/libavcodec'
> gmake: *** [libavcodec/libavcodec.a] Error 2
>
> It is not happy with the declataion of 'NAN' which it is expecting as
> a double by the look of it. My OpenBSD box defines NAN in libc like
> this:
>
> #define	NAN		(*(float *)(void *)__nan)
>
> Which is a function pointer to some internal gcc function?
>
> Sorry, I don't know enough about C to take this any further. So any
> ideas?

Not off the top of my head, no. I might be able to figure something out
with access to the machine in question (to be able to examine logs and
see command lines and so forth in the source tree, and to be able to
check files elsewhere in the system to run down leads), but certainly
not without, and there'd be no guarantee even then.

This does look like something which one of the developers might be able
to look at and speak on with more authority than I could.

--
       The Wanderer

side of it.

Secrecy is the beginning of tyranny.