[MPlayer-users] mpeg2video slow seeking in Windows apps

Jesse Zamora xtremek2009 at gmail.com
Tue Mar 31 23:19:01 CEST 2009

On Mon, Mar 30, 2009 at 10:33 PM, RC <cooleyr at gmail.com> wrote:

Yes. there is.  The filesize increase is huge (3-30x larger), and you
> don't gain much of anything from it.  Plus, you may well find a some
> players that can't handle it.

 Yeah, that's true, but I it's not too bad.....I saw a 6 GB file increase to
just 7.5 GB after converting it with full I-frames........I guess the most
important part is the fast seeking speed!

If you expect your videos to play back in a DVD player, you've got a LOT
> of work to do...  See the HTML docs.

Actually, I pass the videos through a DVD authoring program (I tried
capturing the video to the DVD format with mencoder, but the DVD authoring
program couldn't import it! Pretty weird for a DVD authoring program, eh?),
which then converts it to a DVD format.