[MPlayer-users] mplayer -fs video has strange offset margins

The Wanderer inverseparadox at comcast.net
Thu Mar 26 22:46:30 CET 2009

Dennis Nezic wrote:

> Currently, with my MPlayer 29040-4.3.2, when I try to play a video
> fullscreen (ie via -fs), it is offset from the top and left,
> sometimes by as much as a quarter of my screen's length.
>
> However, it works in gmplayer, and if I use Alt-Enter instead of 'f'.
>

> Any idea what mind be causing this?

What VO method are you using? Is gmplayer using the same VO?

This sounds like an issue which I noticed when first switching to -vo
vdpau, and it turned out to be a problem with the -fstype being used. I
narrowed it down to the 'fullscreen' fstype, and playing with '-fstype
-fullscreen' or '-fstype none' made it work.

--
       The Wanderer

side of it.

Secrecy is the beginning of tyranny.