[MPlayer-users] playing flac files with cue info

Jesús Otero susoooo at gmail.com
Thu Mar 26 18:47:00 CET 2009

Hi all!

I've benn using Mplayer from long as a command line audio player.
Recently i've encoded an audio cd on a big single wav file, and
generated the corresponding .cue file. The Wave file plays perfectly
(in fact i'm listening to it righ now :). The problem is when i try to
play it using the .cue file.
I send a command like this:

mplayer cue://the name of the cue file.cue

and it reads the .cue file, finds the corresponding .wav file, but it
does not play anithing and the program exits with a lot of garbage
info about complains on the file entries of the .cue file. (see at the
end of the post)

I've not found any documentation on playing the cue:// "protocol" from
the command line, so hope someone could point me some info here. can
it be used to play .cue from audio cd's or is just for video files?
I'm trying to do something too wired? (well, ok, apart from playing
music from the command line :)

thanks in advance.
Suso

Here is the output of my mplayer:

MPlayer dev-SVN-r26940
CPU: Genuine Intel(R) CPU           T2300  @ 1.66GHz (Family: 6,
Model: 14, Stepping: 8)
Compiled with runtime CPU detection.
Can't open joystick device /dev/input/js0: No such file or directory
Can't init input joystick
mplayer: could not connect to socket
mplayer: No such file or directory
Failed to open LIRC support. You will not be able to use your remote control.

Playing cue://Various - Blue Note Trip Volume 2 - (Disc 1 -Sunset).cue.
[bincue] cue_find_bin(FILE "Various - Blue Note Trip Volume 2 - (Disc
1 -Sunset).wav" WAVE
)
[bincue] Using bin file Various - Blue Note Trip Volume 2 - (Disc 1
-Sunset).wav.
[bincue] Unexpected cuefile line:     TITLE "Bobby Hutcherson -
Montara (The Roots Remix)"

[bincue] Unexpected cuefile line:     PERFORMER "Bobby Hutcherson -
Montara (The Roots Remix)"

[bincue] Unexpected cuefile line:     TITLE "Grand Green Feat. Dianne
Reeves - Down Here On The Ground (Remix by The Ummah)"

[bincue] Unexpected cuefile line:     PERFORMER "Grand Green Feat.
Dianne Reeves - Down Here On The Ground (Remix by The Ummah)"

[bincue] Unexpected cuefile line:     TITLE "Ronnie Foster - On The Avenue"

[bincue] Unexpected cuefile line:     PERFORMER "Ronnie Foster - On The Avenue"

[bincue] Unexpected cuefile line:     TITLE "Lonnie Smith - Dancin' In
An Easy Groove"

[bincue] Unexpected cuefile line:     PERFORMER "Lonnie Smith -
Dancin' In An Easy Groove"

[bincue] Unexpected cuefile line:     TITLE "Joe Torres - Get Out Of My Way"

[bincue] Unexpected cuefile line:     PERFORMER "Joe Torres - Get Out Of My Way"

[bincue] Unexpected cuefile line:     ISRC H2:N20200186

[bincue] Unexpected cuefile line:     TITLE "Quarteto Em Cy - Tudo Que
Voc� Podia Ser"

[bincue] Unexpected cuefile line:     PERFORMER "Quarteto Em Cy - Tudo
Que Voc� Podia Ser"

[bincue] Unexpected cuefile line:     TITLE "Donald Byrd - You And The Music"

[bincue] Unexpected cuefile line:     PERFORMER "Donald Byrd - You And
The Music"

[bincue] Unexpected cuefile line:     TITLE "Bob Belden Feat. Jimmi
Tunell - Kiss (DJ Smash Remix)"

[bincue] Unexpected cuefile line:     PERFORMER "Bob Belden Feat.
Jimmi Tunell - Kiss (DJ Smash Remix)"

[bincue] Unexpected cuefile line:     ISRC JPTO00202381

[bincue] Unexpected cuefile line:     TITLE "Ronnie Foster - Mystic
Bounce (Madlib Remix)"

[bincue] Unexpected cuefile line:     PERFORMER "Ronnie Foster -
Mystic Bounce (Madlib Remix)"

[bincue] Unexpected cuefile line:     ISRC H2:N20300104

[bincue] Unexpected cuefile line:     TITLE "Buscemi - Viaje Feliz"

[bincue] Unexpected cuefile line:     PERFORMER "Buscemi - Viaje Feliz"

[bincue] Unexpected cuefile line:     ISRC <C]@10300008

[bincue] Unexpected cuefile line:     TITLE "Hank Mobley - Recado Bossa Nova"

[bincue] Unexpected cuefile line:     PERFORMER "Hank Mobley - Recado
Bossa Nova"

[bincue] Unexpected cuefile line:     TITLE "Eumir Deodato - Beb

[bincue] Unexpected cuefile line:     PERFORMER "Eumir Deodato - Beb

[bincue] Unexpected cuefile line:     TITLE "Elza Soares - Mas Que Nada"

[bincue] Unexpected cuefile line:     PERFORMER "Elza Soares - Mas Que Nada"

[bincue] Unexpected cuefile line:     TITLE "Os Tres Morais - Freio
Aerodin�mico"

[bincue] Unexpected cuefile line:     PERFORMER "Os Tres Morais -
Freio Aerodin�mico"

[bincue] Unexpected cuefile line:     TITLE "Di Melo - A Vida Em Seus
M�todos Diz Calma"

[bincue] Unexpected cuefile line:     PERFORMER "Di Melo - A Vida Em
Seus M�todos Diz Calma"

[bincue] Unexpected cuefile line:     TITLE "Elaine Elias - A Felicidade"

[bincue] Unexpected cuefile line:     PERFORMER "Elaine Elias - A Felicidade"

[bincue] Unexpected cuefile line:     TITLE "Soulive - Doin' Something"

[bincue] Unexpected cuefile line:     PERFORMER "Soulive - Doin' Something"

[bincue] Unexpected cuefile line:     ISRC H2:N20000864

[bincue] Unexpected cuefile line:     TITLE "Candido - I'm On My Way"

[bincue] Unexpected cuefile line:     PERFORMER "Candido - I'm On My Way"

[bincue] Unexpected cuefile line:     ISRC H2:N20200187

[bincue] Unexpected cuefile line: REM GENRE Jazz

[bincue] Unexpected cuefile line: REM DATE 2003

[bincue] Unexpected cuefile line: REM DISCID E911A812

[bincue] Unexpected cuefile line: REM COMMENT "ExactAudioCopy v0.95b4"

[bincue] Unexpected cuefile line: PERFORMER "Various"

[bincue] Unexpected cuefile line: TITLE "Blue Note Trip Volume 2 -
(Disc 1 -Sunset)"

track 01:  format=0  00:00:00
track 02:  format=0  04:37:25
track 03:  format=0  09:14:31
track 04:  format=0  12:28:54
track 05:  format=0  18:21:16
track 06:  format=0  21:12:10
track 07:  format=0  23:48:02
track 08:  format=0  28:51:31
track 09:  format=0  33:52:71
track 10:  format=0  37:15:50
track 11:  format=0  42:45:24
track 12:  format=0  50:53:47
track 13:  format=0  53:18:02
track 14:  format=0  55:28:43
track 15:  format=0  58:05:04
track 16:  format=0  61:33:16
track 17:  format=0  65:29:34
track 18:  format=0  72:11:42
CUE stream_open, filename=Various - Blue Note Trip Volume 2 - (Disc 1
-Sunset).cue, track=1, available tracks: 0 -> 48339200

Exiting... (End of file)