[MPlayer-users] **** Your system is too SLOW to play this! ****

RC cooleyr at gmail.com
Thu Mar 19 03:52:16 CET 2009

On Wed, 18 Mar 2009 17:47:21 -0700 (PDT)
Antonio Olivares <olivares14031 at yahoo.com> wrote:

> On my computer, a quad core, I get the following:
>
> **** Your system is too SLOW to play this!  ****

If you don't tell it otherwise, MPlayer will only use one core (see:
threads).

> mplayer dvd:// -vo sdl

SDL is a truely horrible driver.  Use ANYTHING ELSE.

-vo gl with various supporting options works well on NV cards.
-vo xv works well enough in the vast majority of cases.

And you haven't explained if the video really is unable to playback at
full-speed, or if it's just a fluke at start-up, perhaps due to the
damaged DVD.

--
Don't trust me! I'm wrong!