[MPlayer-users] Play problems

Ken Arromdee arromdee at rahul.net
Mon Mar 16 00:57:38 CET 2009

On Sun, 15 Mar 2009, Carl Eugen Hoyos wrote:
> > This is 1.0RC2,
> Please try current svn before reporting problems.

Using the current source, I get almost the same problem, except that the older
mplayer defaults to the mov demuxer and the current one defaults to lavf,
so by default I get the lavf-related problems instead of the mov-related
problems.  The problems themselves are the same as before and I can still
trigger either set of problems by specifying the demuxer explicitly.

File is:

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=2TJJEAZ3

Problems are (played with -sid 0):

For -demuxer mov:

The sound loses sync after a few minutes.  If you have an onscreen display and
skip using the right arrow you can see it thinks it's only a few minutes
long.  After it gets to the end of the few minutes is when it starts getting
out of sync (and it won't skip properly any more).

For -demuxer lavf:

There is a constant audio offset of about 3 seconds.  This can be solved using
the usual methods (pressing the - key, for instance).  It does *not* appear
with -demuxer mov.