[MPlayer-users] dvd navigation in mplayer

Milton Mobley miltmobley at gmail.com
Sat Mar 14 23:39:29 CET 2009

Hi, folks:

I recently ripped one of my dvd's to a single ISO image file on disk, and
tried to play it with the Windows GUI binary version
of MPlayer. The program plays the file as if it were a single track instead
of displaying the menus and allowing navigation,
as dvd drives do. Windows Media Player and some other plyers I tried did the
same thing.

I noticed in the source tree there is a folder libdvdnav which has some code
that appears to be intended to do such operations.

Is is safe to assume that the Windows GUI version was built without dvdnav
support ? (I took a quick glance at the configure
script, but couldn't tell) Or is the fact that input is from a file instead
of from a dvd device causing it not to be invoked?

It would seem to be convenient to store dvd's on disk as single ISO files
instead of gaggles of VOB, IFO, etc. files, especially
if you have a lot of dvd's you want to archive. If I want to add such a
capability to the source, would I have to: