[MPlayer-users] BUG: long file names with Japanese characters

Krzysztof Duchnowski amidk75 at gmail.com
Sat Mar 14 20:09:12 CET 2009

Reimar Döffinger pisze:

>>> For example, the file I have is: (TV) [ドラマ] ブラッディ・マンデイ 第01話 「日本最後の日!1
>>> 人の命か!?千万人の命か!?最凶ウイルステロの陰謀と伝説の天才ハッカ—の闘いがいよいよ今夜はじまる!!」 (1280x720
>>> DivX684).avi
>> I copied one of my existing video files to that filename (on an NTFS
>> filesystem created for the purpose), and it plays just fine in MPlayer
>> from the command line

> This is _only_ an issue on Windows, and it is several issues.

When I've used WindowsXP 3 years ago then any file with non-latin
character in filename was a problem for file manager and any player. I
was forced to use eMule to rename such file. My Windows system codepage
was "win-1250".

--
Krzysztof 'DK75' Duchnowski
GetFirefox - http://www.mozilla.com/firefox/