[MPlayer-users] DVD not playing

Oliver Seitz info at vtnd.de
Tue Mar 10 09:54:01 CET 2009

> Although it works, which makes this answer somewhat meaningless, you
> still weren't able to crack the key for title one (hence the CRC
> errors).

Not at all meaningless, as the goal should not be being the best among all
players, but being perfect. So this is still a little drawback as others
might get confused like me.

> This might have to do with the Region settings of your DVD
> drive, which in rare cases seems to be required.

That was one of my thoughts, too. One of my first tries to play it was to
set the region on the DVD-drive, but it did not change anything.

The funny thing is, now the key can be retrieved, without complaining. I
did not change anything besides a power off / on cycle.

libdvdread: Get key for /VIDEO_TS/VIDEO_TS.VOB at 0x0000013f
libdvdread: Elapsed time 0
libdvdread: Get key for /VIDEO_TS/VTS_01_1.VOB at 0x000092f6
libdvdread: Elapsed time 0
libdvdread: Get key for /VIDEO_TS/VTS_02_0.VOB at 0x0000932f
libdvdread: Elapsed time 0
libdvdread: Get key for /VIDEO_TS/VTS_02_1.VOB at 0x00015f3f
libdvdread: Elapsed time 0
libdvdread: Get key for /VIDEO_TS/VTS_03_1.VOB at 0x002ae238
libdvdread: Elapsed time 0
libdvdread: Get key for /VIDEO_TS/VTS_04_1.VOB at 0x0035a99a
libdvdread: Elapsed time 0
libdvdread: Get key for /VIDEO_TS/VTS_05_1.VOB at 0x00368ca6
libdvdread: Elapsed time 0
libdvdread: Get key for /VIDEO_TS/VTS_06_1.VOB at 0x003722e1
libdvdread: Elapsed time 0
libdvdread: Found 6 VTS's
libdvdread: Elapsed time 0
DVD successfully opened.

It does however not change the way it plays when not specifying a certain
title.

When just calling
# mplayer dvd://
is it meant to play the first title or the title of the longest duration?

Greets,
Kiste