[MPlayer-users] -fixed-vo regression introduced in r28546

Marcus Blumhagen marcus.blumhagen at web.de
Wed Mar 4 04:16:44 CET 2009

Hi list,

Up to r28545 I could play several videos in fullscreen mode like this:

$ mplayer -fixed-vo -fs file1.mkv file2.mkv ... filen.mkv

and when one video ended and mplayer started the next file the new
video was also fullscreen and scaled to the correct output resolution
and it was centered too.

Now if I do the same but with revisions above r28545 only the 1st
video is correctly scaled to fullscreen and centered. The following
videos will not be scaled up to fullscreen resolution and are placed
at the top left corner of my screen. The remainder of the screen is
black.

This only seems to happen when using -vo xv and x11. When using -vo gl
or -vo sdl the behaviour of -fixed-vo is as described in my 2nd
sentence.

I attached a diff of the outputs of:
$ mplayer -v -frames 1 file[1-4].mkv

I noticed that those messages "[vo-fs] dx: 0 dy: 153 dw: 1280 dh: 718"
and "[xv] dx: 0 dy: 153 dw: 1280 dh: 718" are no longer displayed in
r28546.

Could someone please look into it and fix this?

Last but not least, thanks very much for this great piece of software!
I very much appreciate the hard work put into it.

Kind regards
--
Marcus Blumhagen

"Any intelligent fool can make things bigger, more complex, and more
violent. It takes a touch of genius -- and a lot of courage -- to move
in the opposite direction."
                                                      -- Albert Einstein