[MPlayer-users] Mplayer compile error .. libmpdemux

Reimar Döffinger Reimar.Doeffinger at gmx.de
Sun Jun 28 10:06:51 CEST 2009

On Sun, Jun 28, 2009 at 01:14:47PM +1200, Bernard Mentink wrote:
> > > .... i.e they are no use if I can't compile mplayer  ... ;-)
> >
> > You certainly _CAN_ compile MPlayer.  You chose not to, insisting on
> > getting -mt working.
> >

> Actually I am only following the guide on mplayers home page to the letter,
> I am not doing anything unusual .... it is NOT my choice that mplayer with
> ffmpeg-mt doesn't compile as per the guide, so flaming me is not helping.
> Thanks for the warm welcome to the list! I am just glad it is winter here
> ... boy talk about touchy ...

Don't take it so seriously, but talking about "compiling MPlayer" when
the real issue is _only_ with compiling MPlayer with ffmpeg-mt makes
things a bit confusing.
Also I guess most people don't know that ffmpeg-mt trails behind main
FFmpeg development by more than a few days. You can either convince them
to update their code to match latest FFmpeg or you can revert MPlayer's
r29382, renaming ff_codec_wav_tags/ff_codec_bmp_tags back to
codec_wav_tags/codec_bmp_tags (just removing the ff_ in two places).