[MPlayer-users] Mplayer Inverse Telecine while changing frame rate

Ergzay ergzay at gmail.com
Sat Jun 20 22:52:40 CEST 2009

On Jun 20, 2009, at 12:05 AM, RC wrote:

> On Fri, 19 Jun 2009 18:45:42 -0400
> Ergzay <ergzay at gmail.com> wrote:
>
>> The framerate is not changed and you end up with duplicated frames
>> which leaves a VERY jerky video, especially on any scenes with
>> panning.
>
> Long ago there was a patch that added -ofps for MPlayer submitted to
> the list.  It was never accepted, and certainly won't apply cleanly
> without lots of work, and probably won't work with after all of that.
> If you want to use a maybe 3 year-old version of MPlayer, however,
> you're all set.

It really doesn't exist, huh? Dang, I had thought for sure there was
some possible way of doing it. Seriously, to any developers reading
this, please add this, it is both simple to add and very required.
There is no point for an inverse-telecine filter if it can't do it
right. Using mencoder to encode a video just to watch it is such a
ridiculous hack. Not to mention half the filters dont work correctly
with mencoder and it behaves very differently to other options. I
would be willing to offer up some money through a paypal donation to
someone willing to spend some time to do this.