[MPlayer-users] switch_audio on *.ts files

Nico Sabbi Nicola.Sabbi at poste.it
Thu Jun 18 11:31:13 CEST 2009

On Thursday 18 June 2009 03:59:08 RVM wrote:
> Tested with MPlayer SVN-r29355.
>
> I've got a ts file with two audio tracks, reported this way by
> mplayer:
>
> ID_AUDIO_ID=1403
> ID_AUDIO_ID=1402
>
> If I try to change the audio track with the switch_audio command,
> using the ID as parameter (1402 or 1403), it doesn't work, the
> audio doesn't change. I have to use instead the numbers 0 and 1 (0
> selects the first audio track, 1 the second).
>
> But wouldn't be the correct to use the ID number?

I don't remember if the behaviour has changed since I implemented the
switch_audio command, but at the time it took 1402 and 1403

> I think to remember that at least for DVDs the ID was required.
>
> This is what http://www.mplayerhq.hu/DOCS/tech/slave.txt says about
> it:
>
> switch_audio [value] (currently MPEG*, AVI, Matroska and streams
> handled by libavformat)
>     Switch to the audio track with the ID [value]. Cycle through
> the available tracks if [value] is omitted or negative.
>
> BTW, there's another problem. Initially mplayer reports this:
>
> ID_AID_1403_LANG=eng
> ID_AID_1402_LANG=spa
>
> But some lines below says this:
>
> ID_AID_1403_LANG=spa
> ID_AID_1402_LANG=spa
>
> which is wrong.

what's reported is what is read from the PMT, it may be broken.
Did you try to run decode_pat and decode_pmt on that stream?
They are included in the examples/ directory of libdvbpsi.
dvbsnoop is another all-in-one tool to examine TS streams, but it's
very difficult to use.

> Full log attached (and compressed, it's huge). BTW, is it necessary
> that those ID_VIDEO_ID and ID_AUDIO_ID lines appear so many times?

it's annoying, but adding even more code to handle such cases is even
more so. Anyway, patch welcome.