[MPlayer-users] Two intances of video like a mirror

Oliver Seitz info at vtnd.de
Thu Jun 4 16:49:38 CEST 2009

> Ok,
> My difficult is based on how to start the same video in two screens, but
> running just one audio.
> So, I'll have two screens running the same video synchronized, hearing
> just one audio.
> Is it possible by command line, maybe slave mode?

A script like

#!/bin/bash
mplayer video.avi -noconsolecontrols &
mplayer video.avi
killall mplayer

does work here.

Sync however is quite poor and worsening over time. To keep the players in
sync I did take the output lines of each player, compared the elapsed time
and used slave-mode commands like speed_set (and seek when there's a huge
desync because of the master player jumping) to keep the mismatch close to
or less than 0.1 seconds.

Greets,
Kiste