[MPlayer-users] MPlayer-users] MPlayer cannot detect TrueHD audio tracks, in m2ts blu-ray rip

Nico Sabbi nicola.sabbi at poste.it
Sun Jul 26 00:27:19 CEST 2009

Il giorno gio, 23/07/2009 alle 14.22 -0300, Dâniel Fraga ha scritto:
> On Wed, 22 Jul 2009 11:13:36 +0200
> Nico Sabbi <Nicola.Sabbi at poste.it> wrote:
>
> > in order to fix this I'll have to do something very nasty: hardcode
> > substream_ids to codec type when there's and HDMV descriptor. Horrid,
> > but it's the only way
>
> 	I don't know if it's related but "Christian P. Schmidt"
> <schmidt at digadd.de> posted a patch on the ffmpeg devel list:
>
> "Patch for LPCM in mpeg-ts (as seen on bluray)"

The attached quick and dirty patch detects the MLP stream with -ausid
0x72,
but the decoder doesn't even start:
[mlp @ 0xb7a660]There must be no extraword for MLP.
Unknown/missing audio format -> no sound
ADecoder init failed :(
Cannot find codec for audio format 0x20504C4D.

I don't even know what it's complaining about, maybe an extension that
ffmlp doesn't handle?