[MPlayer-users] DVDNAV problem: subtitles

Dâniel Fraga fragabr at gmail.com
Wed Jul 22 02:08:22 CEST 2009

On Thu, 16 Jul 2009 09:45:43 +0200
Nico Sabbi <Nicola.Sabbi at poste.it> wrote:

> use -slang or -sid

	Nico, how do you explain that behaviour?

	1) working example (using only dvd://):

mplayer -slang pt dvd://24

	shows subtitle even after seeking through the video

	2) non-working example (using dvdnav://):

mplayer -slang pt dvdnav://24

	doesn't show the subtitle, unless I select by hand. And if I
seek through the video, it doesn't show anymore the subtitle.

	***

	"pt" is the subtitle number 2.

	In the second case (dvdnav://), although mplayer selects
correctly the subtitle "pt" (I know because if I cycle through the
subtitles, it jumps directly to the next one, number "3") it doesn't
show the subtitle until I start to cycle through the subtitles.

	So, is it a bug in libdvdnav?

	Any hints? Thanks.

--
Linux 2.6.30: Man-Eating Seals of Antiquity