[MPlayer-users] MPlayer cannot detect TrueHD audio tracks in m2ts blu-ray rip

Dâniel Fraga fragabr at gmail.com
Tue Jul 21 21:12:16 CEST 2009

On Tue, 21 Jul 2009 13:24:44 +0200
Nico Sabbi <Nicola.Sabbi at poste.it> wrote:

> upload a sample to incoming and post the filename, please

	The file I have is huge (over 30GB). I used tsmuxer to extract
only the audio part to a ts file, but is still huge (2GB). So can I
upload just the first 5 or 10MB? I tested here and tsMuxeR can detect
correctly the information from the file (even if it's not "complete"):

SmartLabs tsMuxeR.  Version 1.10.6  http://www.smlabs.net
Track ID:    4352
Stream type: TRUE-HD
Stream ID:   A_AC3
Stream info: AC3 core+TRUE-HD. Peak bitrate: 2475Kbps (core 640Kbps)
Sample Rate: 48KHz Channels: 6 Stream lang: eng

	Although tsmuxer shows that the file have a AC3 core+TRUE-HD
audio track, mplayer is unable to recognize it and play the AC3 part.

MPlayer SVN-r29434-4.4.1 (C) 2000-2009 MPlayer Team
137 audio & 299 video codecs

Playing ac3+truehd.ts.
TS file format detected.
TS_PARSE: COULDN'T SYNC
NO VIDEO! NO AUDIO!  NO SUBS (yet)!
No stream found.

Exiting... (End of file)

	Well I sent the first 10 MB of the file and it's called
"ac3+truehd.ts". I think your interested in the header part of the file,
right? At least if tsMuxer can at least detect the track, so should do
mplayer.

	Thanks.

	Ps: note that there's only the audio stream (no video).

--
Linux 2.6.30: Man-Eating Seals of Antiquity