[MPlayer-users] Cannot encode with libopencore_amr, (couldn't find encoder for codec)

Masaru Nomiya nomiya at galaxy.dti.ne.jp
Tue Jul 21 16:20:46 CEST 2009

Hello,

In the Message;

  Subject    : [MPlayer-users] Cannot encode with libopencore_amr, (couldn't find encoder for codec)
  Date & Time: Mon, 20 Jul 2009 19:42:42 +0400

[Igor] == Igor Katson <descentspb at gmail.com> has written:

Igor> I have installed libopencore_amr(wb|nb) from source. Compiled mplayer
Igor> successfully with

Igor> --enable-libopencore_amrnb --enable-libopencore_amrwb
[...]
Igor> it crashes with:
Igor> videocodec: framecopy (720x544 0bpp fourcc=46365056)
Igor> Audio LAVC, couldn't find encoder for codec libopencore_amrnb.

I confirmed.

The very latest MPlayer doesn't recognize amr format.
That is, MPlayer can't play amr format file, at the moment.
I tried, but I got the message (in Japanese);

  Can't find 'libamr_nb' in libavcodec.

Why libamr_nb, I wonder?

As you might know, libamr_nb is the former format.

I can't find out the cause.......

Regards,

---
  野宮  賢             mail-to: nomiya @ galaxy.dti.ne.jp