[MPlayer-users] Cannot find codec for audio format

Geoffrey Leach geoff at hughes.net
Sat Jul 18 01:14:16 CEST 2009

On 07/17/2009 03:18:06 PM, Carl Eugen Hoyos wrote:
> Geoffrey Leach <geoff <at> hughes.net> writes:
>
> > mplayer -dr -tskeepbroken -ac mp3 -afm mp3lib -vo vdpau -alang en
> > foo.mp2
> > Same result (with approriate change) from -ac faad -afm faad, ac
> ffmp2
> > -afm ffmpeg, -ao alsa -ac hwmpa
>
> The idea is not to select ac at all, but let mplayer decide that
> ffac3
> and a52
> are the right choices.

Not something I would have tried. Thanks.

Unfortunately the result is the same asw with -ao alsa, except that
mplayer complains that my system is too slow (without the -ao alsa).
FWIW, I'm running the latest alsa driver.

One question occurred as I'm writing this. Could the fact that I'm
outputting to HDMI be at all relevant?