[MPlayer-users] converting 25 fps to 24 fps

Bernd Butscheidt bbutscheidt at yahoo.de
Wed Jul 15 20:00:08 CEST 2009

Von: Reimar Döffinger <Reimar.Doeffinger at gmx.de>

-speed 24/25 to slow down.
-af scaletempo will make it not change the pitch, but normally the pitch
changed when the video was sped up to 25 fps, so by not changing the pitch
when slowing down you probably end up with the wrong pitch...

after some interesting views on Outlook, I wanted to confirm:

The speed option was what I was desperating looking for. As far as I can see now I successfully converted a PAL progressive Video using mencoder and these options:

-speed 23.976/25 -ofps 24000/1001 -vf scale=720:-10,harddup

Without reencoding the audio, Mplayer and xine could deal with a file made with the option -oac copy, but not avidemux. Remuxing with avidemux lead to a file where the audio is shorter than the movie (so to say to a file completley out of sync). But if you can use mplayer for playing, you won't need this at all, you can use mplayer directly with the speed option?!?

With reencoding the audio (I used "-srate 48000 -af lavcresample=48000,scaletempo -lavcopts acodec=ac3:abitrate=448") I still need to remux the file with avidemux to make it play properly on my stand alone with audio being in sync plus the tool avinfo shows the right time length.

I'm not sure if you need the scaletempo option at all, a short test showed no difference, but it didn't hurt using it.

Greetings