[MPlayer-users] Too many video packets in the buffer

Geoffrey Leach geoff at hughes.net
Tue Jul 14 15:03:16 CEST 2009

On 07/13/2009 11:48:46 PM, RC wrote:
> On Mon, 13 Jul 2009 16:38:58 -0700
> Geoffrey Leach <geoff at hughes.net> wrote:
>

> > -mc 0 -autosync 30 is intended to reduce the time that audio leads
> > video. It's made it tolerable, but not perfect.
> >
> > I'd appreciate sugcgestions.
>
> Suggestion:  Stop using -mc 0.  It's causing this problem.
>
> Set it to a sane value, and try other audio/video adjustement
> options.

Subsequent to the posting I discovered that my channels fall into two
categories. Those for which -mc 0 _causes_ a problem -- that is, -mc 0
causes audio to lead video where before it did not -- and those where
it makes the lead less. In the latter case, the audio lead is reduced
from about 30 seconds to about 10. Needless to say, its difficult to
measure. I've tried values of 1, 2 and 4 for -mc; none seem better than
0.