[MPlayer-users] trouble with he-aac in iphone videos

Sam Gendler sgendler at vid.me
Mon Jul 13 21:00:29 CEST 2009

On Mon, Jul 13, 2009 at 11:55 AM, Sam Gendler <sgendler at vid.me> wrote:

> Also, -oac copy does not work, though that is actually what I would prefer,
> since by transcoding, I'll be moving HE-AAC to AAC, and I'd really far
> prefer to leave the HE-AAC intact.

I should clarify that specifying -oac copy results in a message about "Audio
format 0x6134706d is incompatible with '-oac copy', please try '-oac pcm'
instead or use '-fafmttag' to override it."

If I specify -fafmttag 0x706D or 0x6134706d or 0xFF, I get the same result -
a 'Floating Exception' as soon as it begins.

VIDEO CODEC ID: 28f ( 0%)  0.00fps Trem:   0min   0mb  A-V:0.002 [0:0]
AUDIO CODEC ID: 15002, TAG: 0
Writing header...
[mov @ 0x7805a0]track 1: codec frame size is not set
Floating exception