[MPlayer-users] no sound, no access to /dev/dsp

Malte Gell malte.gell at gmx.de
Sun Jul 12 23:36:27 CEST 2009

Hello,

generally sound does work on my KDE system, I can use kaffeine, sound output
from flash player on Firefox and so on. I have changed my soundcard to a
Soundblaster Audigy and ever since MPlayer cannot play sound, VLC and other
can.

Below you can see the ouput. Can I change MPlayer setting to use Pulse Audio
instead of OSS, could this help?

Thanx a lot!
Malte

mplayer Deadmau5_NotExactly.flv
MPlayer dev-SVN-r29116-4.3-openSUSE Linux 11.1 (i686)-Packman (C) 2000-2009
MPlayer TeamCan't open joystick device /dev/input/js0: No such file or
directory
Can't init input joystick
mplayer: could not connect to socket
mplayer: No such file or directory
Failed to open LIRC support. You will not be able to use your remote control.

Playing Deadmau5_NotExactly.flv.
Cache fill:  0.00% (0 bytes)
libavformat file format detected.
[lavf] Video stream found, -vid 0
[lavf] Audio stream found, -aid 1
VIDEO:  [FLV1]  320x240  0bpp  25.000 fps  103.2 kbps (12.6 kbyte/s)
Opening video decoder: [ffmpeg] FFmpeg's libavcodec codec family
Selected video codec: [ffflv] vfm: ffmpeg (FFmpeg Flash video)
Opening audio decoder: [mp3lib] MPEG layer-2, layer-3
AUDIO: 22050 Hz, 2 ch, s16le, 64.0 kbit/9.07% (ratio: 8000->88200)
Selected audio codec: [mp3] afm: mp3lib (mp3lib MPEG layer-2, layer-3)
[AO OSS] audio_setup: Can't open audio device /dev/dsp: Device or resource
busy
Failed to initialize audio driver 'oss'
Could not open/initialize audio device -> no sound.
Audio: no sound
Starting playback...
VDec: vo config request - 320 x 240 (preferred colorspace: Planar YV12)
VDec: using Planar YV12 as output csp (no 0)
Movie-Aspect is undefined - no prescaling applied.
VO: [xv] 320x240 => 320x240 Planar YV12
V:  48.5   0/  0  3%  0%  0.0% 0 0 86%
Exiting... (Quit)