[MPlayer-users] Compile error on FreeBSD

Oliver Seitz info at vtnd.de
Thu Jul 9 17:18:43 CEST 2009

> On Thu, Jul 09, 2009 at 01:34:26PM +0200, Oliver Seitz wrote:
>> I now tried again on a fresh, clean FreeBSD 7.1 x86(32).
>>
>> This looks more like an error to me...
>>
> [...]
>> libmpcodecs/vd_xanim.o libavformat/libavformat.a libavcodec/libavcodec.a
>> libavutil/libavutil.a libpostproc/libpostproc.a libswscale/libswscale.a
>> -Wl,-z,noexecstack  -L/usr/local/lib -ffast-math  -liconv -lncurses -lz
>> -lbz2 -lpthread  -rdynamic  -lm
>> libavcodec/libavcodec.a(iirfilter.o)(.text+0x2a8): In function
>> `ff_iir_filter_init_coeffs':
>> : undefined reference to `cexp'
>> gmake: *** [mplayer] Error 1
>
> Or you could call it bad luck. FFmpeg's just recently added AAC encoder
> requires
> C99 feature that FreeBSD does not have.

The last update on freeBSD's C99 project looks like about 2000
mplayer-revisions ago... I hope they will still move it on...

> The encoder i disabled for now, so after an update an reconfigure this
> issue should
> be gone (and congratulations, judging by how far it got, the problem you
> previously
> had should be gone - though I really think things should be working on 64
> bit FreeBSD, too).

... but for now I'm happy and mark rev. 29416 as freeBSD/32 compatible :-)

Thanks a lot!

For the 64-bit I have no urge, but if there is someone who would like to
investigate this I could provide a machine to work on via ssh by next
week.

Greets,
Kiste