[MPlayer-users] OpenSubtitles.org support

"Ing. Branislav Geržo" 2ge at 2ge.us
Sat Jul 4 13:26:08 CEST 2009

Hi all,

first, I want post this message to dev ML, but according manual, I
shouldn't do it. Anyway, as topic says, this is mail about adding
opensubtitles.org support to mplayer.

OpenSubtitles.org is one of the biggest subtitles database on internet.
Good thing is, it supports API as XML-RPC. Subtitles downloading is
performed by matching movie and subtitles by hashes, so there shouldn't
be problem with unsynced subtitles.

Anyway, MPlayer can support at least downloading subtitles (and
hopefully uploading), it should be really nice, there are already quite
a lot of players which support this feature. Is there anybode, who can
take care of this?

More info:
http://trac.opensubtitles.org/projects/opensubtitles/

http://www.opensubtitles.org