[MPlayer-users] Bug report: decode_audio crash on HWDTS, HWAC3,

Brano branob at gmail.com
Tue Jan 27 17:16:21 CET 2009

Hi.

I'm experiencing mplayer crash when following option is enabled in config file
ac=hwdts,hwac3,a52,
PCM audio is working OK.
This is happening when I've upgraded to openSUSE 11.1

I'm seeing this on all mkv files that have dts or ac3 tracks in them.

Interestlingly all was working fine on exactly same machine (no HW
change) when on openSUSE 10.2
mplayer version MPlayer 1.0rc2-SUSE Linux 10.2 (i686)-Packman-4.1.2
(C) 2000-2007 MPlayer Team
The 10.2 was running all the same config as current 11.1 and HWDTS and
HWAC3 was playing OK.

Current mplayer
MPlayer dev-SVN-r27637-4.3-openSUSE Linux 11.1 (i686)-Packman (C)
2000-2008 MPlayer Team
and the SVN version I've compiled with debug info enabled
MPlayer SVN-r28378-4.3 (C) 2000-2009 MPlayer Team
are experiencing crash on DTS and AC3 sounds.

I've uploaded required crash dump info as per DOCS to
ftp://upload.mplayerhq.hu/MPlayer/incoming/mplayer-bug-report-decode_audio.tgz

Any advises highly appreciated. Please see the uploaded tgz for additional info.

Thanks,
Brano