[MPlayer-users] 1x, 2x dynamic zoom option

Sat Jan 24 05:10:43 CET 2009

Hi Justin Smith!

 On 2009.01.23 at 17:31:07 -0800, Justin Smith wrote next:

> I want to adjust the zoom/scale of video through keyboard shortcut while
> playing in full screen so that the background is black and video playing can
> be scaled to 1x or 2x.

I don't know if there is such feature. Mplayer always zooms video to
full screen in full screen mode; not sure you can disable it. If there
is no hw scaler available (x11 vo) and zoom is not on, you won't get
zooming at all.

> I did a search on google and saw this as an often requested feature in
> mplayer, so wanted to see if there is a patch/update available to have 1x,
> 2x dynamic zoom in mplayer through KB Shortcut.

1x - 2x dynamic zoom is possible, check patch from this thread
http://lists.mplayerhq.hu/pipermail/mplayer-dev-eng/2008-December/059427.html

--

Vladimir