[MPlayer-users] halfpack filter

Matyas Sustik mplayer.list at sustik.com
Tue Jan 20 03:28:50 CET 2009

I am trying to play only the even lines of an mpeg file.

If I am using -vf halfpack=0 mplayer crashes, if I use:
-vf halfpack=0,scale=1920:540:0:0 it plays and I can believe
that only the even lines are used (since there are not interlacing
artifacts), however I am not certain that there is no interpolation happening
(some frames are sharper than others).  For one the shown image is
not scaled to 1920x540.  The source is 1920i.  Any comments?

Thanks,
Matyas
-
Every hardware eventually breaks.  Every software eventually works.