[MPlayer-users] Help to play HD mkv+dst smooth

Salatiel Filho salatiel.filho at gmail.com
Mon Jan 19 11:30:33 CET 2009

On Sun, Jan 18, 2009 at 13:39, Carl Eugen Hoyos <cehoyos at ag.or.at> wrote:
> Salatiel Filho <salatiel.filho <at> gmail.com> writes:
>
>> > Did you try
>> > -lavdopts skiploopfilter=all (a bit faster, no difference should be visible)
>> no difference at all
>> > -lavdopts skiploopfilter=all:skipframe=bidir (much faster, difference
>> > visible)
>> > ?
>> Image looks terrible.
>
> Could you explain what "terrible" means here? Do you see artefacts or maybe
> tearing? Or dropped frames?
Well , i do not know what tearing means :)
but i see lots of artifacts and frame drops
> If I play the video with -vf yadif (that makes sure it's too complex for my
> cpu), I get heavy frame drops, but the picture is still perfectly watchable.
>
> Do other videos (Apple film trailers) look fine?
I am not able to download apple traillers , firefox crashes , aand
download using wget does not work. I tried with microsoft HD movies
and works just fine.

> Could you provide uncut command line and output?
I will send as soon as  i get home,  right now i am at work;
Thanks for the help btw. :)