[MPlayer-users] h.264 'slow motion' problem

Nico Sabbi nicola.sabbi at poste.it
Tue Jan 13 22:04:59 CET 2009

Il giorno mar, 13/01/2009 alle 20.07 +0000, Derek C ha scritto:
> Hi Carl,
>
> > As you said, this sample shows heavy A/V desync, both with -correct-pts
> > and without. -fps whatever does not help either. It works fine with both
> > ffmpeg and ffplay.
> >
> > Nico, could you have a look?
> >

> Thanks guys - there are quite a few Irish people on a list here that would
> love to hear of a solution - I really don't want to invest in an analogue
> capture card :)
>
> Derek

the best playback I can obtain is with -demuxer lavf -mc 10, and even so
either the lavf demuxer ot the lavc decoder complains of wrong
timestamps.
Since interlaced H264 is so complex the native demuxer doesn't have a
chance to set timestamps correctly, so the lavf demuxer is the only way
to go, I'm afraid.
IIRC the decoder corrects the video pts, but unfortunately it doesn't
seem to be enough to use the native demuxer.