[MPlayer-users] h.264 'slow motion' problem

Derek C derekmplayer at hssl.ie
Mon Jan 12 01:30:14 CET 2009

Hi again Nico,

> the easiest way is to add +8192 to the audio or video pids section...

I can tell you immediately that by adding +8192 after the video pid it
worked - just like that!

This is obviously far better than my badness with the demux_ts.c file.

I still have the other problem - the "slow motion" one.  I have tried many
mplayer switches (including the "-demuxer lavf" one) but the problem
remains.

There are a number of people on an Irish [MythTV] mailing list seeing this
problem too.  One person works for the national TV company and is sure
that the H264 transmission is quite standard.

The problem is this:

Video appears to play at 1/2 speed - audio is the correct speed.

I've left mplayer playing for some time (10 minutes perhaps) and I saw the
following message repeated over and over (bytes increase in value on each
iteration):

"Too many video packets in the buffer: (4096 in 32138137 bytes).
Maybe you are playing a non-interleaved stream/file or the codec failed?
For AVI files, try to force non-interleaved mode with the -ni option."

The computer is a P4 2.8ghz and top says that mplayer is using around 25%
CPU time so it doesn't look like a problem there.

But... mplayer is *almost* playing the DVB stream...

thanks very much for the help you've given me.

Derek

--
Derek C
In Ireland