[MPlayer-users] h.264 'slow motion' problem

Derek C derekmplayer at hssl.ie
Mon Jan 12 00:46:31 CET 2009

Hi Nico,

On Sun, January 11, 2009 8:07 am, Nico Sabbi wrote:

> no: you just crippled mplayer just because you didn't want to scan the
> channels properly. I wrote million times here and in the DOCS that DVB
> channels ____MUST____
> contain PMT pids, or codec identification will fail.

Actually I can see that I can't scan the DVB-T transmission properly with
the scan command from dvb-utils - I wonder is this because the channels
are H264 (not HD but DVB-T SD) ?

I can scan with w_scan but it doesn't appear [to ever] return the PMT ids
- only video & audio Ids.

Is there any other way to find the correct PMT Id(s) to use in
channels.conf for mplayer?

thanks v much,

Derek

--