[MPlayer-users] teleSUR TV does not work anymore with mplayer

Matthias Apitz guru at unixarea.de
Thu Jan 8 20:02:33 CET 2009

El día Wednesday, January 07, 2009 a las 09:26:26PM +0000, Carl Eugen Hoyos escribió:

> Matthias Apitz <guru <at> unixarea.de> writes:
>
> > Me and my wife we have been watching a South-American TV station in our
> > FreeBSD 7.0 based laptops for years. This worked just nicely with the
> > mplayer (1.0rc2-4.2.1) plug-in in the browser (KDE's Konqueror).
> > With the change of the year, I think, they have changed their webpage:
>
> Please note that this is not the mplayerplug-in mailing list.
>
> As you correctly stated, you have to install a flash player to watch this
> program now.

Yes, I know. I have even checked the HTML source of the page and was
hoping that someone from the list could come up with an idea to play
this somehow directly from the command line like

$ mplayer -playlist ... http://...

installing flash player 9 in FreeBSD is not easy, which is not the fault
of FreeBSD but of Adobe not producing a version for FreeBSD :-(

Thx

	matthias

--
Matthias Apitz
Manager Technical Support - OCLC GmbH

SPAMer of the year: Subject: Alle Software ist Deutsche Sprachen