[MPlayer-users] writing video and audio file to one or two fifo

Pierpaolo gullˆa sviluppo at audiias.com
Wed Jan 7 03:08:07 CET 2009

Hi guys ,

I have some videos with audio and video and I need to do this things:

read it with mplayer , send the output to one or two fifo ( one for
audio and one for video , or one for both the data) , and later
trascoding with mencoder

I try this

mkfifo audio.wav
mkfifo stream.wav
mplayer /root/72.avi -ao pcm:waveheader:file=/root/audio.wav -vo
yuv4mpeg file=/root/stream.yuv

The bash wait my command , but if I try to trascoding with ffmpeg ( I
know the command for this tool for open two different sources for audio
and video, I don't know how to take two sources with mencoder)

ffmpeg -f wav -i /root/audio.wav -f yuv4mpegpipe -i /root/stream.yuv
ciao.mpg

Nothing appened!

How I can send the output of video files in one or two fifo with mplayer?

Big thanks for your help

Goodbye

Pierpaolo