[MPlayer-users] Mplayer playback issue

Jeffery Palm palmje at gmail.com
Tue Dec 15 14:58:30 CET 2009

Hi,

I am getting a problem with mplayer playing a particular file with no
sound and being unable to seek in the file.

I found the problem with MPlayer SVN-r29996, but it does work in older
versions (r25993).

I have attached a copy of the verbose mplayer output.  The offending
file can be gotten via thr following torrent
http://takafansubs.com/torrents/%5BTaka%5D_Naruto_Shippuuden_139_%5B720p%5D%5BB8046C5C%5D.mp4.torrent
(grabbing the first few megs doesn't seem to create the same problem).
 If a direct download is required, let me know and I'll organise one.

System:
Xubuntu 9.10
Linux 2.6.31-16-generic #53-Ubuntu SMP Tue Dec 8 04:02:15 UTC 2009
x86_64 GNU/Linux
libc-2.10.1
gcc version 4.4.1 (Ubuntu 4.4.1-4ubuntu8)
GNU ld (GNU Binutils for Ubuntu) 2.20
nVidia Corporation GeForce 9500M GS (rev a1), driver: nvidia-185
Intel Corporation 82801H (ICH8 Family) HD Audio Controller (rev 03),
driver: HDA Intel, ALSA

CPU:
processor    : 0
vendor_id    : GenuineIntel
cpu family    : 6
model        : 23
model name    : Intel(R) Core(TM)2 Duo CPU     T9300  @ 2.50GHz
stepping    : 6
cpu MHz        : 800.000
cache size    : 6144 KB
physical id    : 0
siblings    : 2
core id        : 0
cpu cores    : 2
apicid        : 0
initial apicid    : 0
fpu        : yes
fpu_exception    : yes
cpuid level    : 10
wp        : yes
flags        : fpu vme de pse tsc msr pae mce cx8 apic sep mtrr pge
mca cmov pat pse36 clflush dts acpi mmx fxsr sse sse2 ss ht tm pbe
syscall nx lm constant_tsc arch_perfmon pebs bts rep_good nopl pni
monitor ds_cpl vmx est tm2 ssse3 cx16 xtpr sse4_1 lahf_lm ida
bogomips    : 4987.47
clflush size    : 64
cache_alignment    : 64
address sizes    : 36 bits physical, 48 bits virtual
power management:

processor    : 1
vendor_id    : GenuineIntel
cpu family    : 6
model        : 23
model name    : Intel(R) Core(TM)2 Duo CPU     T9300  @ 2.50GHz
stepping    : 6
cpu MHz        : 800.000
cache size    : 6144 KB
physical id    : 0
siblings    : 2
core id        : 1
cpu cores    : 2
apicid        : 1
initial apicid    : 1
fpu        : yes
fpu_exception    : yes
cpuid level    : 10
wp        : yes
flags        : fpu vme de pse tsc msr pae mce cx8 apic sep mtrr pge
mca cmov pat pse36 clflush dts acpi mmx fxsr sse sse2 ss ht tm pbe
syscall nx lm constant_tsc arch_perfmon pebs bts rep_good nopl pni
monitor ds_cpl vmx est tm2 ssse3 cx16 xtpr sse4_1 lahf_lm ida
bogomips    : 4987.45
clflush size    : 64
cache_alignment    : 64
address sizes    : 36 bits physical, 48 bits virtual
power management:

If there is anything further that you require, please let me know.

Thanks.