[MPlayer-users] Request for Bloom effect in Video Output

Oliver Seitz info at vtnd.de
Sun Dec 20 12:12:40 CET 2009

> But if there only small parts of dark areas - I'm saying it another one
> time - your pupils will shrink and energy will be not enough to force
> blooming. It is because human see not only border between dark and light
> object, but also scene around them.

I've taken a picture for you, twice in fact.

http://johannes.eventify.de/kiste-temp/No_blooming.JPG
http://johannes.eventify.de/kiste-temp/Natural_blooming.JPG

These are grayscale shots of a tree with a bright sky in background. I
didn't touch anything but contrast and brightness, the blooming effect is
just caused by the camera lens.

So there is a pure natural blooming in these very bright pictures. But you
still say you wouldn't apply your artificial blooming to bright pictures,
because it wasn't natural?

Kiste