[MPlayer-users] Request for Bloom effect in Video Output

Oliver Seitz info at vtnd.de
Sat Dec 19 15:06:20 CET 2009

> [...] I think that not in every film lighting is represented
> with the accounting human vision specifics.

This is true. But film making is an art. In my opinion, if the intension
of the director would have been to have halos around every bright spot, he
would have done that.

Why would you think Disney produced "The Princess and the Frog" very
recently in traditional hand-drawn animation? I doubt it is because it
makes the most realistic picture. That's just as an example for realistic
images not always to be the goal.

Therefore, if the director wants to show me a strangely lit scene, why
should I say I'd like it better if it was more realistic?

Greets,
Kiste