[MPlayer-users] Ripping DVDs Directly to MPEG Files

Jimmy Dansbo jimmy at dmbox.dk
Sun Dec 13 23:50:27 CET 2009

I think you are looking for something like:
mencoder dvd://1 -dvd-device /dev/dvd -ovc copy -oac copy -aid 128 -o
myfile.mpg

-ovc and -oac are video and audio tracks. You tell it to copy it instead of
transcoding it.
-aid chooses the specific audio track that you want.

Hope it helps (works).
/ Jimmy

On Sun, Dec 13, 2009 at 11:39 PM, James Board <jpboard2 at yahoo.com> wrote:

> Yes, a VOB is an MPEG file.  The problem is that my media player doesn't
> let me choose the audio track, and the default audio track on the VOB files
> from an entire series of DVDs isn't the language I speak.  So, the least
> painful option for me is to extract the video and correct audio track, and
> then create a non-VOB MPEG file.  Does that make sense?

Just smile and wave, boys. Smile and wave.

http://dansbo.dk/smileandwave.mp3
http://space.dyndns.dk/smileandwave.mp3