[MPlayer-users] Nvidia driver 185 not supported anymore for vdpau in mplayer svn?

Dominik 'Rathann' Mierzejewski dominik at rangers.eu.org
Thu Dec 10 13:51:40 CET 2009

On Thursday, 10 December 2009 at 09:31, Pasi Kärkkäinen wrote:
[...]
> So the git tree is basicly a fork of mplayer svn?

Yes. An unofficial one at that.

> Is there some reason of not synchronizing the repositories?

I believe Uoti considers his tree to be better in every aspect
and so doesn't feel the need to submit patches to the official
tree. I don't know if he's pulling changes from the official
tree into his.

> Are the new features considered bad in some way, so that they cannot be
> integrated to the 'official' svn tree?

I'm not following the changes in Uoti's fork, so I can't comment
if there are any useful features or not. However, I don't see any
reason why any good patches would be refused if they pass proper
review and follow the rules.

Regards,
R.

--