[MPlayer-users] first title of DVD plays with fuzzy/frozen picture, subsequent titles play ok

Igor Gueths igueths at lava-net.com
Thu Dec 10 03:36:37 CET 2009

Hi.
On Wed, Dec 09, 2009 at 11:32:48PM +0000, Carl Eugen Hoyos wrote:
> Igor Gueths <igueths <at> lava-net.com> writes:
>
> > MPlayer doesn't crash, and
> > my machine doesn't lock up completely. I was not able to obtain much more
> > useful information with -v, other than the following two log files, located at
> > http://lava-net.com/mplayer-vdpau.log, and http://lava-net.com/mplayer-x11.log.
> > What should I try next to attempt to narrow down the cause of this problem?
>
> You could add more information, like: How does it work with dvdnav://, without
> vdpau, with -vc mpeg12, with dvd://2 (and so on) and you could upload a sample.
> Apart from that, I did not understand what your problem is: Perhaps "no picture"?

Fuzzy was not the correct term in this case. It is more like a green flickering
image, transposed over all the frames in the particular title. Interestingly,
title 1 is the only one that has this problem, the second and subsequent titles
play ok with MPlayer; title 1 does play ok in a hardwer DVD player. I tried
using -vc ffmpg12 with -vo x11, via Dvdnav, and still got the same result. I
have created a 250-frame sample which illustrates the problem, it can be found
at http://lava-net.com/ruins_sample.mpg. During the Mencoder run, I noticed a
lot of these in the output:
ERROR: scr 4.300, dts 0.000, pts 3.081

The full log of the Mencoder run can also be found at
http://lava-net.com/framecopy.log. Thanks.

> Carl Eugen

> --
> believed to be clean.