[MPlayer-users] -idx is not working properly in SVN r29979

RVM rvm3000 at ya.com
Tue Dec 8 04:49:07 CET 2009

I've been noticing a problem with -idx in the latest revisions. I've just
compiled SVN r29979 and the problem is still present.

I try to play a file which doesn't have an index, so I use -idx

mplayer video.avi -idx

The problem is that when I press the right cursor to seek 10 seconds, it seems
it seeks to the end of the file and then mplayer closes. If I press the left
cursor instead it seeks to 10 seconds before the end of the file.

If I press the down cursor if goes to 1 minute before the end the file. (At
this point the cursor keys work ok, pressing left goes 10 seconds backwards,
right goes 10 seconds forward).

If I play the file and press the up cursor mplayer closes again, I suppose it
tries to go to the end of file + 1 minute.

So the problem seems that when seeking for first time, the starting point is
the end of the file instead of the beginning.

By the way, -forceidx has the same behaviour.

--
RVM