[MPlayer-users] [xv_vo] Could not grab port 63

Jesús Guerrero i92guboj at terra.es
Sun Dec 6 11:40:08 CET 2009

On Sun, 6 Dec 2009 11:02:03 +0100, Reimar Döffinger
<Reimar.Doeffinger at gmx.de> wrote:
> On Sun, Dec 06, 2009 at 10:43:34AM +0100, Jesús Guerrero wrote:
>> I am lately experiencing some problems that I know are probably the
fault
>> of the radeon driver (I've recently migrated from fglrx), I know that
>> doesn't belong to this list, however, I see this informative message in
>> the
>> mplayer output, which as far as I remember, I've never seen before.
>>
>> [VO_XV] Could not grab port 63
>
> xvinfo will show you port base and number of ports, MPlayer will try to
> grab
> and open one in the range from (port base) to (port base + number of
ports
> - 1)
> Normally this will only fail if some other application is already using
the
> same port (only exactly one application at a time can use a specific
port).

As far as I know there's nothing else using xvideo. Besides the regular
bunch of daemons, there's only seamonkey and a lot of rxvt-unicode clients
running, well, and openbox or fvwm depending on the day.

> You could try -vo gl:yuv=2, though with my card and radeonhd driver it
> still
> only crashes - updating to 2.6.32 kernel might fix that but I haven't
> tried yet.

Trying this at the moment and it seems to perform better. I am using linux
2.6.32 with radeon, libdrm and mesa from current git. kms is enabled if
that matters, opengl seems to work worse without it.

--
Jesús Guerrero