[MPlayer-users] mplayer VDPAU support

kkumar s kumars2007 at gmail.com
Sun Aug 30 22:29:01 CEST 2009

Hi,
   I am new to the mplayer list.  I was able to download mplayer source and
build it and enable VDPAU to decode 1080p files ( I have a Nvidia Quadro) ,
it works fine.
I am trying to understand the code for the data flow when vdpau is enabled.
 I see that in libvo/vo_vdpau.c  the vdp_device is created , and later the
vdp_decoder is also
created.  I see a function draw_slice which actually calls
vdo_decoder_render.  I am not able to figure out how libavcodec calls
draw_slice ,  and how the decoded
video surface is displayed using X11 . It would be great if someone can
please describe the data flow and the  function calls involved.
thanks,
kumar.