[MPlayer-users] Optimize video output from tv card

Krzysztof Duchnowski amidk75 at gmail.com
Fri Aug 28 12:03:43 CEST 2009

Reimar Döffinger pisze:

>>> Anywhere where I can find a simple tutorial on how to setup a slim X server
>>> without gnome/gdm or KDE/kdm? In the end I just need the major part of the
>>> screen been used up my mplayer (640x420) and the rest (640x60) as
>>> information display via python SDL.
>> You must decide first what do you want:
>> 1. complete *Desktop Enviroment* with "desktop integration" or
>> 2. simplistic window manager and nothing more
>
> You need neither, you can just install the x server and pass the
> application name to xinit (or add it in .xinitrc).

I'm doing it with MPlayer VDPAU playback because mu GFX card has 256MiB
only and without that it wont work in many cases ( low memory VDPAU error ):

gksudo xhost +; sudo xinit -e /usr/local/bin/mplayer -vo vdpau -vc
ffh264vdpau,ffmpeg12vdpau,ffvc1vdpau,ffwmv3vdpau -mc 2 -softvol
-softvol-max 200 -ass -fontconfig -fs -tskeepbroken -tsprobe 100000 "$1"
-- :1 -config "/etc/X11/xorg.conf-vdpau" -depth 24 -ac -nolisten tcp -a 2

I'm using *gksudo* at the beginning because it's invoked from menu not
from terminal and I'm using special xorg.conf with *composite* disabled
where for my desktop I have *composite* enabled.

--
Krzysztof 'DK75' Duchnowski
GetFirefox - http://www.mozilla.com/firefox/