[MPlayer-users] Optimize video output from tv card

Michael auslands-kv at gmx.de
Fri Aug 28 09:53:00 CEST 2009

Krzysztof Duchnowski wrote:

> Michael pisze:
>> Carl Eugen Hoyos wrote:

>>> Apart from fbdev often being a bad choice for vo, note that only latest
>>> svn is supported on this list (your version is two years old and
>>> patched).
>>>
>>> Carl Eugen
>>
>> I use the debian lenny version of mplayer as I am more of a user than a
>> developer. I might try to compile the svn version if I manage to. Do you
>> think it is more efficient for my case (or is it just that other versions
>> are not supported on this list)?
>>
>> Concerning fbdev: If I am not mistaken, I have no other chance as I have
>> an embedded system with GeodeLX and this only seems to support fbdev and
>> directfb (the latter being even more CPU time consuming than fbdev).
>
> Maybe it's time to try XV support:
> http://www.linuxconsulting.ro/xorg-drivers/

Thanks for the info. I might gonna try this.

Anywhere where I can find a simple tutorial on how to setup a slim X server
without gnome/gdm or KDE/kdm? In the end I just need the major part of the
screen been used up my mplayer (640x420) and the rest (640x60) as
information display via python SDL.

Michael