[MPlayer-users] MPlayer cannot detect TrueHD audio tracks in m2ts blu-ray rip

Carl Eugen Hoyos cehoyos at ag.or.at
Thu Aug 27 11:34:51 CEST 2009

Nico Sabbi <Nicola.Sabbi <at> poste.it> writes:

> maybe the ac3 substream has a different id.
> I tested it on a different sample, but the other stream I found (0x76)
> seems to be empty

All samples I tested seem to contain only TrueHD audio in the substream that
ffmpeg -i reports as "Data: AC-3 / 0x332D4341". I believe those streams contain
TrueHD and AC3 in the same PID (but I may be wrong).
The reason I ask is that I want to answer Baptiste on FFmpeg issue 1344.
Samples I tested:
incoming/00000.m2ts
incoming/100mb-tdk.m2ts
incoming/ac3_truehd-50mb.ts

Unrelated, I also found incoming/EVO-TrueHD-playfail/truehdfail.evo which I
believe is a mpeg-ps file and audio cannot be played at all.

Carl Eugen